If I don’t agree with the Board’s decision following an Informal Conference, what can I do?

Following the Board’s decision at an informal conference, you may request a formal hearing in writing within the appeal deadlines set forth in the Board’s decision. A Formal Hearing is similar to a courtroom trial.

If you disagree with the Board’s decision following the Formal Hearing, you may appeal the decision to the circuit court. The appeal must be in writing and conform to the appeal deadlines contained in the Board’s decision and the requirements of Virginia Supreme Court Rules.

Additional information regarding the informal and formal hearing process can be found at: http://www.dhp.virginia.gov/PractitionerResources/Enforcement/FAQ/